Monday 28 March 2016

Monday

It was a nice day but the wind came up and blew quite strong most of it.  I think it is a sign that the weather is changing and is supposed to be quite a bit cooler for a couple of days.
  I went riding with 3 guys this morning and as usual Gary stopped to feed the donkey carrots.  She seemed pretty happy with it although we didn't get the loud chorus of donkey calls we had the other day.  We made about 5 miles which is good enough for me and I turned off with Larry while the other two went on for a longer route.
  We had our overnight guest in the Az room last night but never saw her arrive or leave.  It seems their family got in a bit late, so she was a bit like ships passing in the night.  Anyway it worked out for her and made use of our spare room.  It has been almost a year since anyone has slept in there.  Then Marg changed the sheets giving Linda back the ones she had brought over.  They stopped by later in the morning and we got to meet their son & his family, two charming grandchildren so Marg gave them some carrots to feed the donkey later in the day.
  Lunch today was french toast, now that's a winner in my book.  Marg actually made it with croissants, which is really good and only happens once in a while, so today was pretty special.  After lunch we went over to Walmart.  Marg wanted to picked up a few groceries and a plastic basin she could use to wash her feet in, so much simpler than the bathtub.  I just went for a haircut and was fortunate to get the same lady who cut it last month.  Nice young lady and pretty good barber.  I say young, because I learned from chatting that she is younger than Charlene.  Mind you it won't be much longer and most of the world will be younger.  LOL
  The
excitement of the day was a phone call from Jerry that he had a snake in his golf cart.  I asked if he was BS'ing me, or whether this was for real.  I told him that I was suspicious after having played poker with him and seen his bluffing.  Anyway when I got there I had to use the camera to take pics to verify that it was indeed there.  Apparently it came from the neighbours and crawled over the driveway while they were chatting and settled under the seat in the cart.  Kenny got a rod and prodded it until it crawled out of the wheel well and went back under the 5th wheel trailer next door.  It was a pretty good size gopher snake.
  It was happy hour at Johnson's again tonight and there were still lots of folks there tonight.  I think there were 5 or 6 couples leave the park today and quite a few more planning to leave by week end, so the reverse migration is starting.

1 comment:

  1. That is. Huge snake... Less of the comments on my age thank you lol X

    ReplyDelete