Saturday 19 March 2016

Saturday, March 19th

Happy birthday Marg.  I love you and judging by the number of birthday wishes you got, so do a lot of other folks.
  The day started out the same as every Saturday, breakfast in the hall, well except they had French toast or pancakes, so I had the French toast.  It was very good.  Marg as usual was up and when I suggested she join me on her special day, she just laughed.  I think this is the last Saturday breakfast, so about 50 - 70 of us will miss it.
  After breakfast we went over to the Laundromat in the plaza by Ace hardware.  It was a surprise to us, but the place was not as busy as we normally see.  The reason for this being a laundry day; well there were 4 washing loads, so the hamper was over-flowing.  It was a nice change from the usually busy place and the job went quickly.
  We were back for lunch and then I went and played pool for a couple hours.  Marg had some visitors and some quiet time.  She has been going hard these last few days and was looking for an opportunity to catch some breathing space and got it today.  The temp got up to about 90 or  91 today and it was hot, so a good day to take it easy.
  After I got back we went out to pick out a few things.  Some friends just bought a park model in this park and we wanted to give them something with a card.  She found some household stuff and I went to Harbour Freight where I bought a magnetic tool holder for him.  Yes I used my coupon and got a free gift, a 25 ft tape measure. When I went to put it in the shed, I discovered I now have 6 of them, so I will offer it to the golf organizers to use for measuring putts or chips, if they are interested.
  After picking these up, we went out to dinner.  It was to Fillies, our first time there.  It seems we picked a day when they were having some confusion in the table wait staff, but the food was good.  Marg got to enjoy a taco salad in a shell, one of her all time fav's and she said it was very good.  I had cod and it was good.  The corn bread was probably the best I have had.  The place is definitely western, it even has a corral out back to hold horses of anyone who rides in and well used hitching rails.  The only negative was I picked a table inside and my date would have preferred to eat at a picnic table outside.  They also have music, but it doesn't start until well after we were gone. 
  When we got back to the park, the dance was in full swing.  It was billed as a British invasion with some help from the Allies, so it was 60's music.  One of the guys in the park recorded a bunch of tunes and plays it through the sound system, he has done this before and it usually goes over fairly well.  On of the highlights is it provides lots of opportunities for the line dance and Macarena participants.  We had a couple of dances, although none of these and spent some quality time with good people.
  Stay tuned for tomorrow, there will be a news flash!

2 comments: