Wednesday 17 February 2016

Wednesday

  Happy birthday Kennedy, 15 already.  Hope your day was special!
The day started off nice, a bit windy, but that made the heat pleasant.  Gerry came and we went to Apache Sun for golf with the group from the park.  A perfect morning to play and we had a good turnout, with no vacant spots in the tee times.  I hit some very good shots, but had my share of duds as well and in the end had a slightly better than average round.  I never lost a ball, which is always one of my success criteria and I got a par on the last hole, so left with a smile.
  Marg got some of the stuff prepared and made a potato salad for supper.  She knows how I love potato salad in the summer and well it's very much like summer here.  Later she went to water aerobics and it was a great day to be in the pool.  They had a good turnout and had a few laughs as well.  One of the ladies discovered a screw lying on the bottom and in spite of several of them attempting to remove it, they couldn't bring it up.  Marg said she had pretty good toe control, so walked over to it and then managed to grasp it with her toes, carry it over to the side and get it out.  I guess she got lots of cheers and then some funny comments about her muscle control.
  She got back shortly after me and then we had lunch.  Sandwiches were the order of the day and they were very good.  She gets really good cheese here and although it looks like process cheese, it is more like brick cheese.  After lunch I went to play pool.  Played for a couple of hours with some characters.  We had a new guy play, who although he could play pretty well, created an interesting change in the game.  It was all good and we all had fun.  Marg spent the afternoon visiting with folks to get a party organized.  It is the 50th anniversary of a couple in the park who have been long time residents here.  Richard has been an employee of the park and has helped almost everyone here at some time & calls bingo, so quite popular.  She got permission to use the hall and then people to help with the cake, ice cream, coffee, etc. all for next Friday.  I guess the couple are really excited that it's going to happen, it will be great.
  Happy hour was a bit longer affair today.  Although I only take one beer, Larry was in party mode and wouldn't hear of a couple of us leaving so opened some beers to keep things going.  Then we got into a malt beverage and the thing had all the earmarks of a runaway.  in fact when I got up to leave, Marg was long gone, to get supper ready.  Sometimes I am easily led astray & I usually find the kind of guys who are more than willing to do that.  Not really sure how that happens.
  Supper was bbq and the potato salad.  There is no such thing as bad potato salad, some are just better than others.  It was great.  Timely too as it was poker night and not much time to spare.  After supper Marg had all the laundry together, so I helped load it up and drive to the laundry room.  It's close to the poker room, so not too worry folks, it wasn't too far out of my way.  LOL.  Poker was fun tonight, had a new player there too.  A fellow Albertan who originally came from the area around Falher.  I made out OK, although I think I lost a bit, nothing too serious.  When I got home the laundry was done and Marg was just packing up.  A very pleasant evening as the heat of the day cooled down.
 

1 comment: