Saturday 13 February 2016

Saturday, Feb 13th

Saturday morning is breakfast in the hall, if you have been following along, well for me anyway, Marg, like many of the wives, doesn't do breakfast.  She thinks yogurt at 10 AM is breakfast, it's really more like brunch!  LOL  It was a little different this morning as they had ham instead of sausage links and the pancake maker used cinnamon in them.  I liked them, it was a nice change.
  After I had to duck out on the bike ride as I had committed to taking Marg to a few park sales.  There was a big one down south on Baseline.  It was in a huge park and there were quite a few vendors, but according to Marg all we came across was junk.  For my money that would be about 90% of all of the sales I have ever been to. 
  When that was done we went out to the Mesa market where I got my driver, the Taylor Made burner, re-gripped.  Since playing without a glove last week, I did something radical, I bought a new style of glove, it has the fingers cut out off and I can hardly wait to see how it works.  The most significant change I made was to buy a new style of hat.  After Marg going on about the effect of the sun and the need to cover, I bought a had with a brim all around so it covers the ears.  When I paid for it, the sales lady asked if I was Canadian as she noticed the flag on my P2K cap.  When I said I was, she gave me back a dollar saying she knows how bad our dollar is and she wanted to thank me for shopping with them and as a gesture of how important she felt the Canadians are to their economy wanted me to take the reduced price on the hat.  She also said it was heart breaking to see so many friends selling out and not being able to return next year.  We were kind of startled, but Marg has heard similar sentiments from other sales people.
  When we got back it was time for lunch.  There was no one playing pool today, so we visited a bit with Blanke's.  It was Kenny's mail day, and he had a bunch of letters to mail, so we took his outgoing mail to the post office for him.  We had to go out to pick up ice cream for the celebration this afternoon.  It was a party for Jerry & Susie on the occasion of their 60th anniversary and Marg had volunteered to provide the ice cream to go with the cake.  The party was well attended by park residents and well appreciated by the Lairs.  I took a bunch of pictures that we got prints of for them that Marg dropped off to a very appreciative couple.  We also got one of Kenny & me at Cabala's with the pistol yesterday.
  By then it was happy hour and there were quite a few partaking today.  That was where I gave Kenny his picture and after a bunch of questions, he went to get his WW1 pistol to show the guys.  It was a hit and he enjoyed being able to show it off.  It got lots of ooh's and aw's; not often you see something like that and pretty much every guy there but me has at least one pistol. 
  Supper was a stir fry and bbq pork chops, which was very nice.  It was a good night to bbq; another hot day, but that's what we came here for isn't it? 

1 comment: