Monday 15 February 2016

February 15th - A Monday

The day started out nice, but the wind blew from the northeast out of the mountains.  Morning came early [7:30] as we never got to bed until 2AM.  One of Lynette's daughters came in on a late [delayed] flight last night [12:15 arrival]and we couldn't see her going to the airport in the dark and offered to drive her for the pick up.  By the time she got her luggage and what not, it was 2 when we finally made it to bed.  My internal clock figured it was my normal time to get up, so I did.  I wanted to be up to go riding with Larry as I knew most of the other guys were golfing, so he would be looking for a biking partner.  With the wind we only went a little over 3 miles, but a good workout anyway.  We rode past the 5th wheel trailer on Teepee that was pulled out of our park.  I forgot to mention that, but a few nights ago at 9:30 Marg heard a racket and a bunch pulling out a trailer in the dark.  The made a bit of a mess of it, but it turned out to be a long story about a woman renting it and the park lot rent was not paid, so they pulled it out.  They didn't crank up the rear stabilizer jacks, so they made lots of noise dragging them down the road, ultimately parking it about 2 blocks away on the roadside.  They bent the jacks up pretty badly and who knows what else.  Anyway Larry & I rode by to check it out, it almost seems like they must know the person who lives in the house it's sitting in front of.
  Marg was up by the time I left as she must have had the same problem I did.  By the time I got back she had her coffee and a few visitors already.  We went out to get a couple of things at Walmart, but mainly a new battery for my wrist watch.  It is a major inconvenience when I don't have the watch, so it was nice to get it back in working order again.  When we returned, Kenny stopped by and he was having some email problems with his phone.  He was trying to send some pictures of the Colt .45 to a gun dealer who advertised looking for old war firearms.  I took pictures of his pistol and then sent them to the person, who apparently lives in Payson.  By the end of the day he still had not heard from them, but I am pretty certain the email went thru.
  After I cleaned my Calloway's from golfing yesterday.  The course was quite wet under the turf in many areas and I just about always take a divot, so they were well caked with mud.  They do have watering systems, but Encanto also floods the fairways every so often for irrigation, which leads to the mud problem.  The I pulled off a portion of the skirting on the trailer as it was pushed in and out of straight.  It took quite a bit of cleanup before I could put in the new trim piece and then re-assemble it.  Marg had a facetime with Roger and Vanessa from home in the morning to keep up to date on what they are up to.  As soon as that was done, Marg had French Toast made for lunch.  It is one of my fav's so a great reason to stop.  We never had syrup, but used honey on it instead, which turned out to be fortunate as it was very good.
  Had the best of plans for the afternoon, but I fell asleep.  I believe I had a nap for about 1 1/2 hrs, so quite a while.  This doesn't happen very often, but the day was really warming up and I was feeling the effects of not having a full nights rest.  While I was doing that Marg put away most of the things I had out and got the chairs, etc all put back.  After I got mobile, we hung a couple of pictures in the Az room that Marg had picked up for that purpose.  
  I had intended to take my driver to the driving range to see what the new hand grip is like, and hopefully get back on good terms with it; but by now it was Happy hour at Johnson's, so went there for a bit of gossip and then over to the spaghetti dinner in the hall.  Patti & Gary's crew do this once every winter and it is always a hit.  I think they fed over 100 people tonight and its a good excuse to get together with friends.  I like pasta anyway, so it didn't take any convincing to go.
  It was another cloudless sunny day in the AJ, with temperatures in the mid 80's, so a very nice day.  Maybe tomorrow I will see if the driver can come out of the penalty box and get back into the game.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment