Sunday 31 January 2016

Sunday, January 31st

The end of January, hard to believe the first month of the year has past into the history books.
  I got up early today and woke Marg up in the process, although that was not my intent, she got going early in the day.  I made a decision to attend the church service in the RV park this morning and yes it shocked many people.  I just decided to attend to see if it would have the desired effect on me.  Some friends at church were giving me the: look who's here treatment and the pastor's wife came up to say they would likely be the cause of my not returning.  Pretty funny.  It was a very different service as it is non-denominational and pretty casual, in keeping with the nature of a vacation place.  At one point in the service they asked if there was anyone needing a special prayer and my friend Jerry put up his hand to ask for one for Vanessa.  Very touching and unexpected. 
  After Marg & I went out to do laundry.  We went to the one down by the Ace Hardware store again.  Marg likes the equipment there, both the type and the number of machines.  It is always busy, but not too bad, so she was able to get 3 machines running simultaneously, which reduces our time in the Laundromat.  I took a pocket book along, there is always lots of sitting time in the process.  My main roles are: packing things in, helping fold sheets, shirts on hangers and packing things out.
  After we went for a walk, over to Linda & Gary's to see their progress on installing a new floor.  He had asked to borrow a mitre box & saw, so I took it over there.  Looks like he is making great progress and will have a good result. They have a rescue dog, Sadie and she was looking for attention, so I scratched her ears for a while as she generally plays up to me for attention.
  Then, it was down to the happy hour for a quick beer and a chance to catch up on the latest.  One of the guys had seen the news item on the 5 snowmobilers who perished in the Valemont area this weekend.  I told them of our grandson being there snowmobiling and that being a source of considerable angst for Bill & Marg when she heard about it.  It was good to hear he was safe, those kinds of things are so tragic.
  Supper tonight was a bbq, some nice steaks and roasted vegetables.  we tired to eat a bit earlier as it was ice cream social night.  It I eat too late, I can't handle a banana split, well as luck would have it that was not the case tonight.  The only reason I have them is it doesn't leave room for cake, it's a dietary thing you know.  I always tell the lady who takes the money that we can't afford two splits, so Marg just has a sundae on Sunday.

2 comments: