Monday 25 January 2016

Monday - Robbie Burns day

Got out for an early morning bike ride, there were 6 of us this AM.  The conditions were very good, no wind and it was a bit cooler, so a good day to ride.  We made it down to Mountainview road and back.  Larry said it was 8 miles, but my odometer showed a bit more, good workout regardless. 
  When I got back my charming wife had baked rolls and we had them with eggs.  A nice way to start the day.  Had quite a bit of company as soon as I got back.  Gerry was looking for short tees to make roadrunners and Aaron was looking to put a picture on FB.  He had a pink helmet on Gary's bike and wanted to make a funny comment, so got that done.  In fact he came when I was in the shower, so Marg and he had a nice chat while waiting for me to emerge. 


 By then it was on the road to play at Encanto.  Gerry had a tee time for us and I took a different route, staying on the 202/10, then north on 7th street to his place.  I think it went much better than the 51, so will likely go that way from now on.  It was a nice day for golf and the course wasn't too busy, so play moved right along.  We were paired with an elderly couple from New York, here to visit with their daughter and her family.  Gerry had a good game, mine was a little more like average.  I did have a few good holes, or shots that will keep me returning.  I renewed my golf loyalty card and seasonal golf cart use, so am good to go with good rates.  I finally accumulated 20 points [10 games played], so was given a complimentary pass for my next game there.  Gerry must have been given his last week and apparently thought it was part of his payment receipt & thinks he threw it out, so the air was a bit blue for a while.  The day turned out sunny & warm, a great day to be out and about.
  Meanwhile back at the park, Marg went visiting and caught up with a few people she hadn't time to visit with until now.  She spent some time trying to rearrange the furniture in the trailer, but gave up saying all it accomplished was she cleaned all the floors.  After she went to happy hour, apparently there was a birthday in the group and one more again tomorrow. 
  My new route home got me back about a half hour earlier and Marg had supper in the crock pot.  It wasn't haggis, it was very good.  Had a wee dram of scotch and toasted the immortal bard, Slainte! 
  LANG MAY YER LUM REEK!
 

3 comments:

  1. Happy Burns day! We had enough haggis in our house for the lot of you lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks anyway. I just discovered I had the pic of Gerry twice, so deleted one and put mine on. We both missed that

      Delete