Thursday 7 January 2016

January 7th - Khristos Razhdayetsya

For all you followers of the Julian calendar & all my Ukrainian friends & family - Christ is Born or Merry Christmas.
  Wow did it ever rain here last night and today.  They are talking record territory in the Phoenix area and lots of snow up north around Flagstaff.  Only 20 inches of snow in Flagstaff yesterday, so not a record, but there was some other place that had 3 feet.
   The gamblin' gals were on the road today and went up to Ft McDowell where they play bingo and fill in the lulls with a few slot pulls.  With the rain, the other ladies were concerned about driving, so Marg took the truck today.  They made it there and back just fine, in fact she said there was hardly any water on the roads.  It turned out they have a special on their points system for Thursdays where you can get a pot, so all 3 of the ladies got a new pot.  In fact there is some pot they all want that is being offered next week, so Wednesday is out and Thursday is game on next week too.   Oh yes, Marg also won $300 in the bingo so she ended up winning both a pot and a jackpot.  She said make sure I said thanks for the bingo money Bill & Patti, its paying off.  LOL  I could tell it was good news as soon as she pulled up by the grin on her face.
   Me I stayed home and went to the morning coffee and donuts.  Got caught up on all the news in the park and had a nice apple fritter to go with my coffee.  Found out there that our breakfast crew has this Saturday, so another item in our agenda.  Got to visit with a couple of people that I had not seen yet this year, so it was all good.  Elections for the association executive are coming up and that is always a hot topic around here.  There are those who are concerned and those others of us who just don't want to get elected.
  After lunch I went to play pool.  The inter-park tournament was today and in the past our team has not been getting sufficient numbers.  We had 7 players today and the minimum is 6, so we were able to compete.  The partner I drew was a new guy in the park & it turns out he is from Alberta & a very good player.  It was a road trip to Mountainview and my partner & I had to play twice.  Our first 3 games Charley & I won all 3 and the second we won 2 of the 3, so we had an great result.  I was a bit apprehensive, not having played all summer, but managed to pull a few rabbits out of the proverbial hat when required to hold up my end.  I'm not sure how our team fared, but I think we were better than 50% overall.
  It was too wet to go out, so for the afternoon I hung around the house - no wheels remember.  I think it is Marg's new way to keep me out of the hardware stores.  Bill sent me with enough golf balls that I don't need to go to the sporting goods stores either.  Tomorrow we will likely go out, we still need to get to Costco and Total Wine.
  We ate in tonight.  Some nice bbq ribs and rice.  Finished off with bread pudding.  It was all very good.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment