Thursday 26 March 2015

Wednesday

Well really it's a day late as we were so busy.
  The day started off with the golf game at Apache Sun.  Gerry came with his brother-in-law Rick, so we played together.  The morning was near perfect, too bad the golf game can't be like that.  It was good anyway and the score was certainly in the range I am satisfied with.  After such a great game last week, well you know how expectations are.  I did make a long putt on #4 and got to enter my name for the dough, but only until the next group came along and Pat drained a longer one.  Funny thing happened, I got a call for Charlene while I was on the 3rd tee.  It seems she got accepted on a tour she was wait listed for, but the lady needed confirmation.  Sent Char a fb message when I got back, but could not find the score card I wrote the lady's call back info on.  It turns out I gave it to Gerry and he tossed it.  Fortunately Char knew all the info and it worked out fine.
  When we got back to the rv park, the guys wives were there. I guess they came by after a brief shopping trip to visit with Marg.  She was steaming the laundry from the previous evening and kept going while they visited.  By the time I got back it was all done.  They all stayed around for a visit.
  After lunch we went out for groceries and water.  We stopped at the car wash at the start, but had to go to a spray wash where I got the dust out of the box so we could haul luggage without it getting filthy.  They do a pretty good job on the exterior, but the interior was; well a bit better than it was.  Marg did the floors, but she says - "Although you would never know it".  The day was hot, in the 90 area and it looks like that will be the trend for the next week or so.
  After supper I went to play poker.  We had a new player, it's always nice to get new people involved.  I did pretty well, won a few, lost a few and came out a little bit behind, I think.  In order to play, I had to leave the game by 9 to get to the airport on time and Jerry had told Marg he would be sure I got out by that time.  As it turned out we finished shortly before 9, so it was all good.
  I jumped in for a quick shower while Marg checked flight info at Sky Harbour.  Surprise, the flight was 20 min early, so it was hurried shave and on the road.  We got there in good time and our precious cargo arrived shortly after we got there.  In a way it was good, not too long to wait.  Got them all back to the rv park and settled in to their places.  A bit of a visit and they gave us both a gift for our birthdays last week, in spite of us saying we really don't need anything and seeing them was enough.  Called it a night after a couple of Tullamore Dew.
 

1 comment: