Monday 23 February 2015

Feb 23rd

A gloomy day, very overcast.  The forecast was right, it will rain.  It did rain off and on throughout the day.
  I went for a bike ride with the guys this morning.  There was a chilly wind and it made riding a challenge and although we were in short pants, we needed a jacket.  It was definitely a short track morning, so we only made about 4 1/2 miles today.
  We had a bit of company this AM after I got back and Marg made a pot of coffee to have one with Lynette.  By the time it was made we had more visitors, so she poured coffee & Baileys which went over very well in the cool morning.
  After lunch I left to go golfing with the guys at Superstition Springs, check it out they have a great web site.  Changed to long pants for the game, the first time in weeks I have not been in shorts.  Gene had got some online deal that was about 60% of the regular rate.  When we got to the course, it was evident that we were in a very nice course.  Although Gene had played it previously, it was new to me.  The course had a starter and he had an assistant.  They loaded your clubs and complimentary range balls were provided on both the putting surface and driving range.  The starter invited guests to the first tee on a PA system, giving sufficient notice for anyone on the range.  At the end of the game they wipe your clubs off, you know the kind of place I mean.  It was a beautiful course, very scenic with lots of water, numerous strategically placed traps, mature trees and narrow fairways and putting greens.  In a word very challenging, one of the most difficult courses I have played in recent memory.  I had some successes, but generally the course "ate my lunch" and I carded the highest score I have seen for quite some time [partially because of the 4 balls I lost in the water].  They are great guys to golf with and we had lots of laughs.  The other guys scored better than me, but then it was hard not to, LOL.  We had a bit of rain, although it was spotty.  Just enough to make me put on the rain jacket a few times.
  Marg had a great day as well.  She went out shopping and got a couple of great deals at Kohl's.  Some shorts and some slacks, can't recall what she calls them [could it be Capri pants?], but I would refer to them as floods. I believe the amount she ended paying was about 30% of that on the tags, so great value.  There was no water aerobics as the temp did not reach 70F in the morning, in fact I don't think it got there at all today.
  When we went for a beer after the round, the clubhouse bar was closed for a private party, so we returned to the park.  The guys stopped in and Marg was our barmaid, serving a beer and a couple enjoying a taste of scotch while we re-hashed the day.  Stan drove is only 4 doors down from us and he drove today, so pretty convenient.
  Supper was an eat in affair tonight as it raining pretty hard for a while in the evening.  It is supposed to clear off tomorrow, so fingers crossed for sunshine.

2 comments:

  1. Checked out the website. Course looks fine and plenty of water as you say. Interesting how tee times change through the day with up to 70% savings. Complimentary balls and club cleaning. Swanky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thought that rain dried up before it hit the ground... xx

    ReplyDelete