Wednesday 17 December 2014

Wednesday

Wednesday is always a busy day for us in AJ.  It rained much of the night and was still sprinkling when I got up.  It was pretty chilly as well, but when it came time to make a decision, I went over to pick up Gary to play golf at Apache Sun.  All our other players were either away or out of action today.
  Marg got up and ready as well because it was a road trip day for the gamblin' gals.  The were on the road to the Fort by 8:30. I think there were 4 of them today as Rita made the trip.  They made it in good time and got in a few pulls on the slots before bingo started.  Luck was not with them and they came back with pocket books just a little lighter than when they left.
  We got to the course a bit late as there was road construction, but with the weather the course was not busy.  We were only 2 foursomes today.  I played a bit better than last week, but it didn't show on the score card, as I did manage to get one 9.  Could not putt today, well that wasn't the only thing going wrong, just what seemed the most painful.
  Got back in time for a quick bite and then off to see what if there was a step ladder I could borrow.  Unfortunately every stop includes a visit, so it takes a lot of time to even make an inquiry.  Oh yeh, I had a step ladder lined up now.  So I went back to Harbour Freight.  Got a nice light for the bbq as my free-bee.  I didn't have a coupon for it, but the guy ahead of me did, so I asked if I could have the cashier scan it so I could get one.  When he expressed reluctance on whether it would be OK, the cashier assured him it would be fine.  They have a new system, you don't really need the coupon, just the bar code number and they give it to you.  I bought a sander & sandpaper, using my 20% off coupon, so got a pretty good deal.  I also picked up other repair stuff and put a new end on the extension cord when I got back.  When I got back there was a pile of Christmas cards on the step along with some nice things, like a banana loaf & jar of raspberry jam.
  By the time I got a few things done, it was happy hour, so I went for a quick half beer.  I say half because the gamblin' gals got back at that time.  It was hamburger in the park night, so we all went for burgers in the rec hall.  They do a really good job on burgers and fries and it is always well attended.  Some of the happy hour group took their burgers back, but we stayed in the hall to visit and eat.  Got two more commitments out of that.  LOL
  After Marg took the laundry down and put it in, while I went to poker.  Poker went pretty well, I think I was close to break even again.  I know I say that a lot, but it seems to be the case this year and I did already have to take a handful of coins out of my poker night bag.  When I got back Marg was steaming the laundry and the trailer was all humid inside.  Turns out she broke even as well.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Hump day does seem to keep both if you in your ties lol x

    ReplyDelete