Wednesday 10 December 2014

Wednesday

This is generally our busiest day.  We both got an early start on the day, and the weather was very nice from the start.
  Marg went with the gamblin' gals to Ft MacDowell, or the Fort as they call it.  There were four of them this AM and they have the routine down pat.  I believe it is a bit of slots, a bite to eat and bingo with lots of laughs.  They leave at 8:30 and get home around 4 PM. Marg came back up a few bucks, which is always good, but there were no major winners today.
  I picked up Pat and we went to Apache Sun for the regular golf time with the park.  Later in the year this fills right up but this morning we only had 3 foursomes, so had room for a few more players.  The course is in nice shape already, they let it dry out all summer and bring it back to life in the winter months.  My game was OK, & that is just part of getting used to the course.  Lost one ball on the long water hole, but that is pretty normal for me.
  When I got back I ran some errands.  Picked up some stuff for Marg and got some drawer fronts from the salvage place we were at yesterday.  Had to go an check out some stuff at the lumber yard so I could place a value on the fence material the neighbours are getting rid of.  They have been here for 3 years, so have put up a bit of a fence around their rv.  They offered it to Marg and she said we would be interested.  We want it for the back patio, kind of a privacy screen.  There are deck blocks to anchor it and the fence itself is the white plastic lattice work material.  Good thing as they started taking it apart later in the afternoon and brought it over to our driveway.
  Spent much of the afternoon repairing the hand rail on the front step. It was getting loose and kind of floppy, which kind of defeats the purpose of having one.  I think I have it pretty good now.  It was like that last spring, but we were too busy to get around to it then. 
  We had a quick stop at happy hour, well Marg's was quicker than mine as I was waiting there when the gals pulled up. Nancy generally drives when they go and her husband, Larry was out on the patio waiting for people to show up.  One of the ladies at happy hour is just visiting in the park.  It turned out she and her husband were the ones who were the original owners of the park model we have and they were the ones who had it moved into this park.  She was curious about it, so Marg brought her back for a tour.  I guess it was a bit nostalgic for her.
  We bbq'd some of the pork tenderloin Marg got at Basha's the other day.  It was great.  After supper Marg did laundry and I went to play poker.  Our poker group was small, only 5 of us tonight, but Gerry M was here.  He was one of our regulars in previous years, but had been ill, so it was nice to see him back and in good shape.  I think I about broke even again.  It was lots of fun.
  When I got back Marg had some stuff to do that she needed a hand with, so we got that wrapped up tonight. 
  BTW Phil, regarding you comment on the amount of use the average mountain bike gets, mine has a little over 300 miles on it.

2 comments:

  1. You must have put as as many miles on that as I did on the Triumph last year. I know that you have a fix for that type of problem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Makes me tired just reading how busy you both are lol x

    ReplyDelete