Monday 15 December 2014

Monday

A little chilly this AM and did not go with the guys on the bike.  I may have a bit of a puncture in the front tire, that or a slow leak.  In spite of the deep tread, there might have been a thorn or goats head that got thru the inner tube.  On our trip out today, I bought a couple of flat proof inner tubes and need to install them now.  I checked at the bike shop and they wanted just about $40 for each tire to flat proof them.  They are  a bit heavier rubber and have the green stuff in them.  I may put a tire liner in as well as that helps keep them from being punctured.
  We went out for groceries to Winco.  They are a pretty good sized food store and Marg finds the prices better than the other places around here on most things.  I picked up a 30 can pack of beer and it was at least $2 better than any of the flyer prices I saw today.
  We got back in time for lunch and after a bowl of soup I went and played pool.  There are fewer guys playing this year, so when Bob said he would play, I jumped at the chance.  We had some good games and I believe I won more than I lost.  A third guy [John from BC] joined in with us for a while.  He used to stay in this park, but now is just down the road, but comes here to play.  I won a game against the two of them, before I had to leave.
  Got back and finished the fence in the afternoon.  Marg helped for a while, but then Linda came to borrow her steamer.  It seems she bought new curtains and wanted to take the wrinkles out, so Marg took it over and showed her how to use it. 
  By then it was supper time and we threw one of the New York steaks from Basha's on the bbq.  This one was great, nice and tender and very tasty.  One steak is plenty for the two of us and I have taken to cooking steak over low heat, so it comes out more tender.
  After supper I went to play poker.  We had 6 guys, so just the right number.  I'm not sure how I made out, but the coins wouldn't all fit in my money bag.  I had a handful in my pocket, so transferred some to my larger money back that I leave a home.  A few couples showed up in the last couple of days, one of whom [Jim] is one of our poker regulars, so nice to see them all again.
  Price of gas has been pretty darn good here.  there was one Valero station offering regular for $1.99/gallon.  That would be about 52 cents a litre for our friends in Canada.

1 comment:

  1. Katie would be very concerned that you might have run over a goats head ... You would hope you would have seen the goat first... Our petrol has come down as well approx £1.19 /per litre ⛽️🐐

    ReplyDelete