Monday 22 December 2014

Monday - Dec 22

Chilly again this AM, the desert really cools off at night & it takes a while for the sun to warm up the day time.  Was up and ready when Larry came by to go riding, except the back tire was flat.  Got out the compressor and pumped it up; really need to put the new tubes in the tires.  Stopped to picked up Gary on the way out of the park.  As usual by the time we were about half way through our ride, the sun had us warmed right up.  We made about 6 miles today, although Gary did quite a bit more.
  Marg was up and about when I left.  By the time I returned, she was making the little crepes for the Christmas dish; but was missing her favourite dish to put them in.  I ran down to Walmart and got a couple of baking dishes, cake pans, I guess.  The Arizona Rangers were all over the parking lot patrolling to make certain peoples vehicles and their contents were OK.  It seems to be a regular thing they do here at Christmas time.  There were about 6 or 8 of them running around on quads with shootin' iron strapped to their hip.  Marg seemed pleased with the dishes and used one of them.
  Marg called AFW about the table, it is still not back and was supposed to be within 10 days.  Apparently they are working on it and said they would try and get it to us by the 24th.  We sure hope so.
  Went back out to Ace & then Best where I got a tap handle for the shower.  The old one worked, but not well.  Spent quite a bit of time messing around with it and I believe it is just what the doctor ordered.  Took the bathroom door off and set the hinges into the jamb so it would close better.  The door has been sticking and had been high on my list of things to repair.
  After lunch Marg vacuumed and cleaned house.  I went down to the pool room and played with Jerry & Ray where I got on a hot streak and cleaned house as well.  By the time I got back she was messing with the oven and making biscuits.  They were kind a baking soda biscuit with cheese in them.  Really good.  In fact she took a plate of them to happy hour.  There were lots of people at happy today and the biscuits got good reviews.  Lots of folks at happy, some new ones and some regulars who are leaving for home for Christmas.
  After supper it was poker night.  We had a six tonight, just the right number.  I had a real lucky streak there as well and when I got home had to empty some change out of my poker bag again.  I just emptied half of it last week and it is over-full again.  Starting to feel guilty at this lucky streak, well not really.  The pendulum usually swings back and then they get it back.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment