Friday 19 December 2014

Friday

Busy day in the Valley of the Sun.  The weather warmed up a bit and it was a nice day.  Bit of a cool breeze, so most of us are not in short pants today.
  Went over to the storage lot and got the rhino out to bring it to our lot.  Spent much of the morning washing it and then putting on some decorations.  I had a tub of stuff I carry around to get un-stuck and we decorated it like a bike present in the back with a big bow on it.


  After we finished with that, we went down to the other end of the park and talked to the people on our breakfast team as there was lots of uncertainty about tomorrow morning.  It ended up I went over to Wayne and got a set of keys for the kitchen including the fridge and freezer.  Managed to run in to Gary and he went over lighting the stove, grill and big convection oven.  We have a couple of people coming to help out as we will likely be short 3 tomorrow morning.  It looks fine at this time, but we will see.
  After lunch I went to play some pool.  There were 3 or 4 guys there, but I only had an hour.  Had to quit early as Marg & I went with two other team members to do the prep work for the morning breakfast crew.  As it turned out there were four of us, so it went pretty well.  I think we will be fine.  Marg is still going to offer fried eggs as an option to scrambled tomorrow if it works as planned.
  On the way back she said she thought she heard water running again, so I opened up the crawl space under the trailer and yes we had a small lake under there.  It turned out on of the lines sprung a leak and was spraying all over the underside.  Spent a bit of time crawling around under there and getting some fittings from the hardware.  In the end I went and got Richard as I was not at all confident I had the problem properly diagnosed.  After repeatedly turning the water on/off he came up with a different diagnosis & solution, so we will be getting some more parts to finish the repairs tomorrow.  This is getting a bit tiresome.




  Got done in time for the in-park parade and Marg & I went in the rhino.  There were lots of golf carts and Rita [from Grande Prairie] entered her Smart car.  I think most of the golf carts were bigger, the rhino certainly is.  Did a couple of laps around the park and then out through the new walking path.  At the end it was hot dogs and hot chocolate.  We had to stop near the end and get out a rope to tow a golf cart that lost it's charge.  One of the guys jumped in the back and rode on the present for much of the parade.  There were more people in the parade than there were watching.  LOL
  After that it was time for the animal races.  There were lots out for it and we made out OK.  I get a lot of razzing when I don't win, so fortunately tonight I won 4 of 6 races.  The main focus of this is the elephant, as I bet it every race and it seldom wins.  Marg also won 3 of the six she bet on, so a pretty good night.

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious that someone entered their smart car.... No wonder you weren't in when our parcel arrived busy day x

    ReplyDelete