Friday 26 December 2014

Boxing Day -- 2014

It was chilly again this AM, how chilly you may ask.  Well Larry told me his bird bath was frozen to the bottom.  There seems to be another storm moving through the area and we will be experiencing very cold nights, down to 35 or 36, so 3 or 4 degrees from freezing.  The guys went bike riding and stopped by, but I declined today.  It was only about 40 degrees and I could imagine the wind chill at the high speeds we ride chilling me to the core.  Well we do get up to something like 13 or 15 mph, so don't laugh too hard.
  Marg had clipped all those coupons yesterday & we went over to Kohl's where she got some bedding.  They had a white sale with 50/60% discounts plus she had a coupon that gave her $10 or something like that.  Then we went on to Ross where she had a coupon as well, not certain what it was, but she came out with an armful of other stuff.  The sales being advertised right now are pretty much filling the local newspaper.
  After shopping we went back to the park for lunch.  On the way we ran into Jerry & Pat who had Norm & Mavis with them to go for lunch.  They had a bunch of coupons they were excited about and sold us on the idea of going out with them.  The inducement was a two for the price of one lunch coupon.  Now I think you are laughing, but we are all seniors [fixed income & that sort of thing] and well it's kind of a way of life down here.  It would have made a great Seinfeld episode.
  After lunch I went to get mail and borrow a step ladder.  Well I did get the use of a ladder from Jim, but he was looking for a pool game.  Being as he was so obliging, I went and played a half dozen or so games.  His game has really changed since last year, said it was his new glasses.  Told him I enjoyed playing him more with his old glasses. 
  After we messed around in the Az room back at the trailer.  Most of the time was spent just cleaning it out.  There is some much stuff being kept in there.  Marg thinks were are minimalists, but I think we are accumulators.  Anyway after emptying the room, I pulled down a couple of the ceiling panels.  That really needs to be replaced and the reasons became apparent when I got them down.  It was a dodgy installation, probably done by a senior on a fixed income, using coupons -- LOL!  I have a pretty good handle on what we have to do now, so let the games begin.
  Happy hour again tonight & it was Friday, so food night.  Some pretty good snacks there.  Larry had the patio heater going, so it was pretty pleasant.  Pretty funny, there were about 6 hummingbirds flying up to the bird feeder, I think they were enjoying the heater as well.  On the way back from happy, Marg informed me her and the girls are going shopping tomorrow as she has some stuff from today to exchange.
  Elmo had been by the other day and asked if I wanted authority on the tenants association facebook page.  I said I would give it a try and it came through today, so I posted pictures of the golf cart parade and Christmas dinner.  I will have to start planning the photos a little better if I'm going to be doing that.  Take a look -- Carefree Manor Tenant's Recreational Association
  Gerry Canuel called to say they will be on the way down on Sunday.  Some of the other regulars are also posting facebook messages about departures for the sunny south here, so the place will be filling up shortly.  Sunny south maybe, but it can be sunny and cold.  Oh well it'll warm up here in the next week or so [fingers crossed].

1 comment:

  1. We avoided all the Boxing Day shopping having seen enough of the shops pre-Christmas and spent the day at Cath in the Lench's enjoying lots if good food and laughter... Missing you xx

    ReplyDelete