Thursday 3 April 2014

Thursday, April 3rd

The day started out very chilly, I think it was only about 52 when I left to take back the Mediacom stuff for the television and internet connections.  It was a good thing I had the installer note that some of the things were missing as they were getting all excited about it until I brought out the installation order.  That meant going to the park for internet, which was easy enough to get, but it has also high-lighted how much better the other service was.  Stopped on the way back and filled the car for Marg and the gamblin' gals.
  One last trip out for the gamblin' gals and they went to Globe today.  They were a bit late getting away waiting for Lynette's appointment, but then all I could see was taillights.  They had a great day, lots of laughs, but didn't need the armored car service to bring the loot home.
  I worked on some last minute stuff at the park model.  There was some silicone to apply in a few places.  Then I drilled some holes in the lids for 2 - 5 gallon water pails. These will be placed inside to help keep some humidity in the unit throughout the summer, when temps reach into 40C plus.  Then I dug out all the insulated window coverings and did lots of repairs on them.  I got them all installed, except the ones for the patio door.  I didn't like the way he had them fabricated, so I put some grommets in and cup hooks on the wall, so now they are easy/peasy to install.  I think it will be pretty good and I have a pretty good start on shutting the place down - summarizing it.  Getting lots of advice on how to do this, most of it conflicting or the opposite of what others say.  It simply leads me to the conclusion that there is no ONE WAY to do it.
  Had a call from Brad & Julie from home today.  They stored their camper in Queen creek, which is just up Ironwood from us.  They will be coming by tomorrow morning and we will go to the big Mesa market and then to lunch.  We wanted to go there one last time and as Emond's have not seen it, this will be a good opportunity to spend some time with them.
  By then Marg showed up and I stopped to take a shower.  Do that in the new place as it is so much more convenient than the m'home shower.  By the end of the day we were back to having a very pleasant day, in the 70's, I believe.  It was still a short pants day anyway.
  We had agreed to go to dinner with the park managers, Curt & Aggie.  They picked us up at 5:30 and it was off to Cracker Barrel, one of our fav's.  Thanks Char, Phil, Katie, it was great.  I had the Thursday special, turkey and Marg had the chicken fried chicken.  Both were very good and then Marg & Aggie did a bit of shopping in the lobby.  A fun evening.
 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for keeping us updated via the blog. I've enjoyed starting my day with an update from Az. Travel safely.

    ReplyDelete