Wednesday 12 March 2014

Wednesday

  A beautiful day, I drove for golf this AM & two of the guys rode with me as Diane went with Pat to play today.  I had a bird, played a decent round, but best of all on #4, I won the long putt.  There was a carry-over from last week, so it was $29.  Now that is a great day, almost missed out because my chip shot was almost in, it just ran by the edge of the cup.
  Marg went down to the unit and painted cupboard doors, the other side this time.  The green is a little darker than I thought, but she likes it and that is what is important.  Most of the people who see it, like it as well.  She never went to water aerobics as the ladies were all organizing the spring tea this morning.  She did her modeling bit and got lots of flattering comments.  Pretty funny as she wore a fascinator instead of hat and Betty's mother, everyone just calls her Ma, fell in love with it.  So much so that Marg gave it to her and she plans to wear it to a family wedding this summer.  She also made Shannon go and I guess she had a good time as well.  Although she has been in this park a lot longer than us, this was her first tea.  The other thing was they had 5 guys pouring tea and waiting; they replaced Kenny & me, maybe now they know how great we were, a legend in our own mind!  LOL  See Marg's FB site for pics of the tea.  It was well attended, the ladies had lots of fun and Marg did her part:  modeling in the fashion show.  She got lots of complimentary comments about her role, I guess she hammed it up a bit and got lots of them going.
  I went out for lunch with Jerry B.  We had burrito's at Taco Bell.  I had a grilled chicken one that was pretty darn good.  After lunch I went down and did some painting, cutting the edges of the cupboards along the ceiling and such.  Marg got there and did some more painting as well.  Then I went on to the floor leveler and put a second coat on, bringing the floor up to the level of the plywood sub floor.  The couple that sold their place yesterday were selling some stuff, so I bought his circular saw, its a fairly new Ryobi and he gave me a very fair price on it.
  We stopped in for happy hour and caught up on the gossip in the area.  Jerry got back from his eye procedure and was fine.  They filled his eye with liquid to get the retina re-attached.  His prognosis is very good I guess.
  Supper was a bit of a rush, so we went out to Fatman's pizza, our first time there.  It's just up Delaware from the rv park and the one we chose was very good.  We will likely go back we enjoyed it so much.
  After supper I played poker.  I couldn't do anything wrong and ended up the big winner.  Probably won $15, it was getting embarrassing, the hands I was getting, it seemed like I was winning at least every second hand.  It wouldn't fit in my bag anymore, I had a pocket full of nickels and dimes as well as a bag stuffed to the limit.
  What a day, not a cloud in the sky and 81F in the sun.
    

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your friend was very fortunate with his Detached retina....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Golf sounds like it is going well, I've just come in from a Thursday afternoon nine. There is a game in there somewhere two legendary drives and seven not so good. Your dilemma over the chip almost going in is interesting. I'd want to claim the pot for chipping in, you need to get this rule agreed as is sounds like your game is coming together just now.

    ReplyDelete