Wednesday 26 March 2014

Tuesday

What a great day, the temp was hot, but there was a bit of cloud cover and a breeze all day that made it very pleasant.
  We went to the unit for the morning where I finished all the trim pieces.  Marg finished putting the doors on and did some touch up on the cupboards.  Then she cleaned the place, so apparently it is a no shoe zone now.  LOL  Place is looking pretty good, she even hung the Kokopelli and put out some of her other house warming things.  I got most of the garbage left from the job hauled to the dumpster, including the old upright vac.  The previous owners had left this for us, but it didn't work so good.  Half way to the dumpster, I found someone interested in it, so gave it to him.  The ultimate in re-cycling!
  We quite fairly early and she went to water aerobics.  There was quite a crowd of them this morning.  I was kidding around and said there were so many that they waves were coming out of the pool.
  Gene had made tee times for the 4 of us as Pat is leaving this week and this would be the last day he could play.  We played at Arizona golf resort on Power & Broadway and as the name suggests it is in the middle of a bunch of resort properties, i.e.: houses.  This also means a links style course and narrow fairways in places.  The greens were small with lots of traps, narrow approaches and few, if any, flat areas; in a word a tough course.  My streak of not losing a ball came to an end.  I had 3 or 4 pars, but lots of big numbers, the course ate my lunch, as they say.  Every one of us managed to put a ball off the course into someone's back yard or front street and I believe everyone had a water ball.  The course played at a good pace, I think we were within minutes of 4 hours for the 18 holes.  I even had a big old turtle coming towards me, turn and follow me for about 100 yards.    It looked like a snapping turtle to me and was probably in the range of 5 or 10 pounds.  Nice course, but a bit tough for me and the turtle.  LOL
  Marg did some running around and got stuff to prepare for the big lunch tomorrow.  She also picked up some other things, like: a slow cooker, hand mixer, coffee pot at great rates.  I think the hand mixer was under $6 and it was new, so really good.  This is what used to be the Easter lunch, but now is called the spring lunch and is one of the wind-up things.  Marg is supplying roasted vegetables and potatoes for our table [a dozen, I believe].  The tenants assoc. cooks hams and then the participants supply the accessories.  Lots of people leaving, in fact some are gone already and a handful are leaving this week, but they don't live in places as snowbound as we do.
  We hurried back home as it was getting a bit late and there was dust storm alert being broadcast for the Phoenix area.  You could see a huge cloud of dust on the horizon and the wind was blowing up pretty good, but fortunately it ended within somewhere between 30-60 minutes.  I called Marg to get her to put up the awning for the m'home, but she already had that looked after.  When I got back to the park, she already had supper on the bbq, so we were able to eat at a decent time and still get to the bingo.  It was the last bingo of the winter tonight and had a good crowd.  We were close all night and finally I won one game, so we were close to break-even.

No comments:

Post a Comment