Wednesday 19 March 2014

March 19th

Happy birthday Marg, you are so special and we all love you!
   I went golfing this AM and rode with Stan as Marg took the car.  We had a great day for golf, the weather warmed with each hole until it was downright hot out there.  Started out with 2 pars but knew that couldn't continue.  On the 2nd hole a par 4, my drive rolled on to the green and fell off the right hand side.  Probably the best drive I have hit, thought I heard a bird chirping, but it was not to be.  The wheels fell off on the 3rd hole where I took a 7 and then settled down.  Finished up with a 45, that's pretty darn good for me.
  Marg went with Lynette [one of the gamblin' gals] to Ft McDowell and they had a fun day.  They had a great time and Lynette really needed the break, her life is full of stress since Bud was diagnosed.  Not only did they have fun, but Marg had a big win of $300 at the end, so that really polished off the trip.  I joked with Nancy, that we would probably have to go out in the desert looking for the gals as the leader [her] was missing from the trip.  They don't drive the freeway, rather take the back road down the Bush highway.  Not sure if it is shorter, but there is less traffic, even if it is through a remote country bush area.
  I spent the afternoon in the unit.  I got the vanity and sink installed as well as the toilet.  They call the toilet the 'stool' down here.  Not sure where that comes from, but they don't use terms I am familiar with like 'shitter'!  I ran pex lines to the sink and put shut-off valves on the lines.  The previous sink never had these and they had jury-rigged the water lines to connect right to the taps. I put all new hardware on the sink and left the old one by the dumpster bin, that's where stuff goes to be re-cycled around here.  Will see if it was snapped up tomorrow morning.  I had two huge cardboard boxes after I was done, so drug them down the road to the bin.  Must have looked kind of funny this old guy dragging the two big cartons down the road, something like street people do; only they do it so they can sleep in them.
  By then Marg got home and we stopped in at Bud & Lynette's for a moment.  Their daughter had bought pizza as a thank you and they invited everyone who helped them over for some.  Larry & Nancy were there and they are leaving for home in S Dakota tomorrow AM, so we said farewell to them.  There were 15 to 20 people there.



  Then we had to rush off to Bob & Karen's.  They are leaving at the end of the month to go back to Ohio and wanted to have a farewell event.  They had sent around invitations to a week or so ago, which we had accepted, so had to keep the commitment.  Marg had a salad and some cream puffs she took over there.  Bob had deep fried bologna as well as some fish and with the stuff people brought it was a veritable feast.  They had about 40 people invited and took the opportunity to give Marg a card signed by everyone there and then they sang happy birthday to her.  Quite a few of the gals were from the thrash & splash group. 
  She got lots of hugs and well wishes, I think they like her best; although I'm onside with that.  They had a key ring in her card, she is using for her keys to the park model.
  When walking back to our m'home we passed by the rec hall where the guys were playing poker and typical Marg she insisted I go back and play after my big win last week.  So I went back and donated tonight.  I don't think it was a great deal, but I am pretty certain I lost.  It was brought home when Jerry M insisted I cut the cards, which I never do unless I am losing - to which he said - looking at your pile of coins, you are definitely losing tonight.  Got lots of laughs anyway!
  Stuff is really starting to pile up with us, lots of last minute stuff, lots of commitments -  well you know what they say -- nothing makes you more productive than the last minute!  Still got lots of stuff to do, like: oil changes, hair cuts, pedicures, etc.  Can you guess which are mine & which are Marg's?
 

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Mom, glad you had such a lovely day x

    ReplyDelete