Thursday 23 January 2014

Thursday Jan 23rd

Got off to an early start, another day at the dental office.  I think am getting close to the end of those & as charming as the ladies there are, I will be glad to see the end. 
  This morning we went down to Camping World to check on the status of the window.  It seems it still has not arrived, they think because of the winter weather problems in the east.  I asked them about getting my generator going, as it has not been started for several years and now will not start.  The guy at the service counter just shook his head as he told me - you know they have to be started at least twice a year and the gas gums up in them if you don't.  He must recite that little speech a lot as he seemed to be enjoying it more than I was.  As usual we go through the many rv accessories and they have some nice bbq's, that left us trying to decide how close ours is to the end of it's useful life.  Apparently not that close as we came away without it.
  After it was the 5 & Diner for a bite and then to Burlington Coat, one of Marg's favourites.  She found a couple of things, but the bag was small, so it couldn't have been a major find.  Me, well I sat in the car and read the book on my Kobo.  After we went to Costco, where I filled up.  I think fuel has gone up 4 or 5 cents a gallon since we got here.  It will likely inch up until we have to fill the motorhome, when it will max out for the year.  Got a few things at Costco, including a new electric razor.  My 15 yr plus old one finally quite, but I bought the same kind.  We also got some edibles for the block party tomorrow night, oh yeah and a bottle of Sangria.
  Happy hour at the Johnsons again tonight.  Thought I would take a few pics to show you who was there..  I also have a picture that Gene had put on facebook that I am attaching.  It was a funny one, but his caption was even funnier.  I had a putt for a par on #6 & Pat said we'll give you that one, then oh no we can't give you a par putt, you have to make it.  After I made it we all had a laugh.  On #7, the same thing happened with Pat, he had a par putt and I said, I would love to give you that one, but someone said we have to make them if they are for par.  So he missed his and we really chuckled.  So then Gene made a bit of a joke about it.
  Got a call from Proulx's tonight.  Apparently they have arrived in Phoenix and are at Richard's sisters in Sun City West, so will be seeing them shortly.



1 comment: