Friday 5 April 2013

Friday the 5th

It rained last night and through part of the morning, but just before noon the sky cleared and it was a beautiful day. I think the temp got up to about 61F, very pleasant.  We are back in long pants now though, so the shorts are packed away for now.
  Lots of Albertans coming through here, a handful every day and then they are gone.  Not sure what weather they are seeing in Montana, but they obviously don't have to go as far as we do.  Will look at the weather again tomorrow morning, but the weather forecast on the TV tonight didn't give us much hope for leaving here earlier.
  We went out to Camping World, there is a new store just south of here.  The propane detector is acting up again.  When I called the 800 number on the brochure, they told me to just take it in to camping world and get it replaced under warranty.  I kind of think he just told me that to get rid of me as Camping World don't stock this brand.  Apparently we can go to any RV dealer and the manufacturer will ship the replacement to them, within a week or two.  Not good for people just passing through like us, so I will try later at home.  Marg got some good stuff here and I bought some sewer hose and connections.  They are starting to wear and the last thing I want is a failure in this hose.  It's amazing how many sewer hoses you see along side the highway, probably off trailers.  Mind you , no one really stops to look them over -- lol!
  On the way back we stopped in at a mall.  Marg went to Macy's and prowled around in the mall, coming out with a couple of tops, pretty happy.  I went in to Dick's sporting goods and looked at lots, but in the end just bought a golf glove.  They had a good assortment of golf shoes, the new spike less ones are interesting looking.  I'm sure someone I know will buy them and I will get a report on them before making a decision.  Any comments Phil??
  Stopped at an antique/old stuff store on the edge of town.  They had some interesting stuff.  The most interesting to me was an old outboard motor.  It is a 2hp Elgin, exactly the same motor as dad's old one that Roger had & donated to the museum in GP.  They had it for sale for $175.  They had a pie safe [cabinet] that Marg was really interested in.  It had me worried, I had visions of strapping it to the roof to get home, LOL.
  Drove back through the town center, where we stopped at Walmart.  Bought a new coleman stove for the lake and of course bottled water.  We go through so much water, it's hard to believe.  We have pretty much given up on pop and other drinks and replaced them with water.  The stove is a new model with a large rectangular center burner and the two round outer burners.  Now she can hardly wait to try it out.
 

2 comments:

  1. I am in the market for some shoes, but not signed off to play for another month or so. There will be something else new on the market by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like your making Good use of your time while stuck with the weather xx

    ReplyDelete