Saturday 16 February 2013

Saturday

Got off to an early start and rode the bike for a few miles.  It was windy first thing in the AM, so rode into the wind, it's a lot better than trying to finish the ride into it.  The weather was nice, not too hot to ride, but I knew from the forecast it was going to get warm.

  Just around noon, Bud stopped by and we went to the car show at the AJ high school. It's pretty well attended and they get some nice iron down there.  There are always a few cars that I can hardly keep from drooling on.  Bud was pretty knowledgeable on some of the stuff I haven't seen much of, like the old Packard.  That thing had a straight 8, I don't believe I have seen a block of iron that big before.  Some great T-buckets, a personal favorite of mine, if I ever drive up in one, you will know I either won the lotto or lost all touch with reality, LOL.
 
 Noticed the temp gauge on the dash at 80F today, now that is what we are here for!

  A nice model A that I took a pic of as well.
After lunch we went out for a bit of retail therapy.  Marg was still looking for a dress, anyway found a new place in Gilbert, same stores but different location & some of them were larger.  She scored big time, there were 3 dresses that she liked and bought 2 of them.  I think we are out of the woods on weddings for this summer now.  It was getting later in the day, so we went up north to Main where we wanted to check out a new restaurant, but it was closed down.  It was close to a nice German place we have eaten at in prior years, so that was where we went.  The special was a pork roast with a bratwurst in the middle, something we had never seen before.  Food was great, we both really enjoy German food, it tends to be almost like home cooked.    The wheat beer was also very good.



1 comment:

  1. Nice iron ! Looks like a fun day... Great news on the dresses for mom... Wish I was sorted lol xx

    ReplyDelete