Monday 4 February 2013

Feb 4th

Happy birthday Anna, hope you had a great day!
  No blog yesterday, wasn't much to write about.  Sunday was  a cooler day, so we decided to go out.  Marg had heard about a new outlet center called Tanger over in Glendale.  It turns out that it is a couple blocks from Cabella's, on the other side of Phoenix.  We drove over there and there are some stores in the center that we haven't seen in the one we usually go to.  Marg bought a bunch of stuff, mainly for me [6 new shirts], but she did get a really neat pair of Sketchers.  Those are the bouncy shoes that are supposed to tighten up the gluts.  ;>) 
  There was even a Coach store [I had never heard of it] & they apparently had good prices on their stuff.  I guess there was a gorgeous handbag that was normally $500 that could be had for $219 & wallets for $200 that were regularly $350.  Now I know why I have never heard of it!  LOL  Marg tells me it is good for a return visit, but I think we will take another couple so the guys can go to Cabella's and the gals can shop the outlet stores.
  After we got back we went to the Superbowl party in the rec hall.  It was much smaller than last year, only a couple dozen people.  I had committed to help Ron with his pool, so pretty much had to go.  Turned out to be a pretty good game, even though it started out kind of lopsided.
   Gene & Pat waiting by their cart for a coyote to make up his mind what he was doing.  If you look close, he is just beyond Pat at the front of the cart.  He hung around us for about 10 minutes.  There were geese on the course and he may have been using us for cover to try and get close to them.
  I think the temp must have been around 70F & no wind.
  Today we got a later start.  I went golfing with Pat & Gene from the park here.  We picked up Gerry Canuel and went to Encanto, we call it his home course.  A beautiful day for golf and we hit some good balls combined with some that were not so good.  I did managed to put one into a palm tree that ricocheted into a pond.  It was the first time for the guys from the park at this course and I think they found it to their liking. 
  Marg went out to Walmart for groceries.  She needed a few things and I am going out on the desert tomorrow, so she wanted to get some lunch stuff.

1 comment:

  1. Looked very careful ... Couldn't see the Road Runner being chased .... xx

    ReplyDelete