Saturday 23 February 2013

Feb 23rd

Got off to an early start today.  The Lost Dutchman Days started this week and the parade was this morning, so we were down on Apache Trail with our lawn chairs bright and early.  It was a great parade, an hour and a half long with something for everyone.  Lots of kids stuff, horses, old cars, novelty entries.  We really enjoyed it.  The great part was it was such a nice sunny day that it was great day to be outside.
  When we got back to the park lots of folks had questions about where our motorhome was yesterday, so had to tell & re-tell the story.  It would almost have been easier to print out a news release and hand it out.  LOL
  Went for  a bike ride as it has been a while since I was out on it.  Made some pretty good miles, about 5 or 6 I think.  When I got back, I went over to take a bunch back to Gary as I had run out of pocket books.  Having read the last dozen I borrowed from him; I got another dozen.  That turned into a bit of a visiting exercise.  Turns out one of the guys over there had a wisdom tooth extracted 10 days ago and has had lots of problems.  It certainly made me realize how fortunate I was with my choice.  Anyway he was on all sorts of medication for complications.  They were curious about me as the rumor mill in the park had it that I went to Mexico for my work.  A lot of people from this area go down to the border town of Algodones for dentists, glasses, or prescriptions.
  After lunch Marg went out for groceries and I had a nap.  The medication or the exercise not sure which, but I couldn't keep my eyes open.  By the time I woke she had some visitors.  Then a few more came along, so I dug out more chairs and eventually we had every chair we have out, 8 I think.  Everyone but yours truly had a cocktail.  I am the resident tea toteler these days.  Not a role I am accustomed to.  Starting to look forward to my first dram almost as much as my first steak.
  Supper tonight was a little more adventurous:  mashed potatoes, peas, chopped up ham & chopped up chicken.  It sure tasted great, after all the pudding and what not.

2 comments:

  1. Sharing your pain on the no cocktails thing Bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a tiring day.... Glad to hear your steady improving.... That place is a hot bed for gossip when anything different is happening lol xx

    ReplyDelete