Wednesday 13 February 2013

Feb 13th

What a nice day.  It started out a bit cool, but got nicer as the day wore on.  In fact there was frost on the course in the shaded areas. 
  Got up early and Gerry came out so that we could play golf with the group in the rv park.  Had a great game, I scored 44 after taking a penalty stroke for a ball resting against a tree.  The big disappointment of the day was on the long putt hole.  Everyone throws in a dollar and the person making the longest putt on #4 gets it all.  I was on in 3 and missed a very short putt.  No one won, so the money carries over to next week - mine would have been good.  Did I mention it was a VERY SHORT putt.
  Marg had gone out for groceries and pretty much arrived back at the rv when I did.  We buy quite a bit of bottled water here as the tap water isn't great.  It's OK for cooking, but not great drinking water.  It also helps when we are out and about, whether golfing or touring.  She got some nice marble rye bread and sauerkraut, so we had Rueben sandwiches for lunch.
  After lunch I went to a dentist appointment and that pretty much was my afternoon.  Marg had a lot more fun, she did laundry.  No matter where you are there are these kinds of things to do.  The dentist staff liked me so much, I get to go back next week for more quality time with them.
  It was hamburger night in the park, Gary and his group cook burgers & chili for the entire park.  It's very well attended as is any event where the price is free.  I'm not saying seniors are cheap, but well they are.  This one is really good, they make great burgers.
  After supper I played poker with the guys.  We had a new guy, well new this year.  He played last year quite a bit.  Anyway between Jack and Gerry M we continue to get new and interesting games played; as it's dealers choice.  Tonight the new game was moose, a variation of 7 card stud, or cowboy poker.  We play lots of games you may not have heard of like:  spit in the ocean, follow the queen, 2 2 1, 123, black Mariah, firy cross, ship wreck, roll your own, etc.  At the end of the night I was down, can't win every week.  Although from the room in my bag, I don't think I was down very much.  Lots of fun.

1 comment:

  1. Another busy day in the life... Not sure how you manage to fit it all in x

    ReplyDelete