Monday 11 February 2013

Feb 11th

Yes I know, no post yesterday, well we didn't really do anything, kind of lazed around.  It was pretty cool and rained through the night, not a good day for outdoor stuff.  Pretty much like that today as well, cool and rainy.  As my neighbour Jack said when I spoke with him today, you don't shovel rain.  Nice to hear that it is warming up at home.
  Went to the mall and didn't even really get in to that as Marg was pretty much done after Sears and pizza.  After supper, we worked the ice cream social and it was pretty well attended.  It was nice to see some of the new people in the park out for it.  With Bingers away on a personal matter, we had Linda & Gary help us out.  Told him at the end he earned his journeyman ticket as a scooper.  They were a big help.  Marg tried the new pineapple sherbet, I had a scoop of chocolate ice cream with strawberries on top, I think I chose best.
  Went to the dentist today as I have been having some problems.  To that end I got my dentist in GP to email my Xrays from my last visit to the dentist here; technology can be pretty amazing.  I was scheduled to have significant dental work on my return, but it doesn't look like it will wait until April.  At this point, it seems my decisions are limited to get it done here or go home.  Don't really want to go home, but we will know more as the week unfolds.  Marg was supposed to go with the gamblin' gals today, but opted to stay and go with me, she's a sweetheart.
  Spent some time on the phone with the banker today, that went a little better, as I got a good deal on interest rates on a couple of things and moved some money around.  We are kind of thinking of getting a vehicle this year, unless I spend it all at the dentist, LOL.
  Looking forward to the weather changing as the week wears on, it's supposed to get nice in the next day or so.  Those of us retired snowbirds will appreciate that.  Hey, I wonder if the pope will be coming here now that he is retiring.
  Well as you can seen not much worth writing a blog about.
  I hope the day went well for Phil.  We have been thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery.
 

1 comment:

  1. Hope your alright.. You didn't mention any dental matters when we spoke. Will keep you posted on Phil when u get some news. Love you xxx

    ReplyDelete