Monday 21 January 2013

Monday Jan 21st

Just another nice day in AJ, the weather is starting to settle in to a pattern we came here for.  For those of you who know my habits, we changed the sheets from flannel to cotton, so that should tell you how warm it is at night now.  In fact we are sitting here at 10PM with the door to the motorhome open.
  Got out the helmet and took a ride on the new bike before breakfast.  It sure rides nice and has some pretty cool features.  I think I am out of shape for riding, so didn't go with the group that goes most weekday mornings.  I didn't even make it up to Idaho before I had to turn back.  Not sure how far I went, I guess I better install the speedometer on it.  Took the free bike back to Howard today and explained how I needed a larger frame.  He said he had several other customers at the price he gave it to me for, free that is.  He seemed happy to have it back all washed up and lubed, it won't be hard to get rid of.
  Marg went to water aerobics with Doris, Patty & Mary.  She said the pool was like a nice warm bathtub this morning.  Apparently only a couple of others showed up, so they had the pool to themselves and enjoyed the workout.  I think it was about an hour.  I told her to take her laundry and some soap to dump in the pool.  With them all thrashing about, I figure they would get washed for free & then all she had to do was dry it.  No sense of ha ha.
  I did a few repairs in the rv, these things always need something glued or tightened.  This time it was glued.  After lunch I washed my golf clubs, they got all plugged up with dirt/mud last week at Encanto. Apparently they flood the fairways, so whenever I took a divot, my club face was covered with dirt the color of clay, it's hard to tell.  But the grooves were filled with it.  After that I went to play pool for a while and Marg went with Jerry & Patty to get some groceries & bottled water.  With the heat, we go through lots of water & oranges.  She got really nice oranges today.  She also had to pick up some lunch stuff as I need to take lots of water & a lunch when I go out on the desert tomorrow.  With any luck I will get some pictures for tomorrow.  Actually with any luck we won't get lost, LOL.
  Went over for cocktails again tonight.  It seems after that Marg has plans to go out for lunch tomorrow and back to Ft MacDowell on Friday. The guys mainly sat around and discussed the desert trip tomorrow.  There will be 9 guys in 3 vehicles.  If there is safety in numbers, we will be OK.
  A walk around the park and that was our day.
 

1 comment: