Saturday 22 December 2012

Saturday

  Slept in this morning, stayed up 'till 3AM last night messing with this new laptop.  I think we have the basics figured out, but there is a lot more to it than we have used.  Missed breakfast in the park as a result, so next Sat. will be our first breakfast and we will be cooking it.
  The other factor was the heated mattress pad we bought.  Last year we bought a Sealy Tempurpedic mattress and it is very thick foam, so gets pretty chilly when it's cool.  In fact it made it so toasty warm last night that Marg said it was like being cuddled all night.
  It was a nice day, I think 70F in the sun, so I went for a bike ride.  Jerry B had left his bike for me to check out and try before I buy.  Did some visiting in the park with some people I did not see until today.  Visiting is almost at a whole new level here.  Went up to Ron's to wish him happy birthday and check out a project he is working on in his park model.  Norm stopped by and offered to take me out in the desert in his tracker today, but I had to pass, too many things to do, but will go with him next time.  Also had to pass on an offer to play pool today.  If I'm not careful, life will get too serious on me - LOL!
  Went out to Walmart and bought 5 quarts of oil for $14 to get the car changed.  The shop didn't carry Quaker State or 5-30, but said if I brought it in, they would do it for $10, still a pretty good deal.  When they do oil changes for their $17.95 special, it is with their bulk oil in 5-30w and the Malibu calls for this weight.
  Marg topped up the pay-as-you-go phone and got a deal.  We normally get double the minutes because of the package we bought, but this time she got a couple thousand minutes at a promo rate.  The best part is the minutes work either locally or for long distance, even to Canada & England.  So we want to hear from everyone at Christmas.
  Fought with a water leak today, we had it before in the bathroom vanity and it's back.  It is an intermittent thing, sometimes doesn't show up for weeks, so I thought I had it beat last summer. Tomorrow I think we will just go and buy a new set of taps.
  BBQ steaks for supper tonight.  Marg picked up some nice ones at Trader Joes yesterday.  This was our first time this winter using it.  Seems funny to say winter when there is no snow, but a new arrival from IOWA today told me he drove through a terrible blizzard on the interstate where there were fatalities yesterday.  Speaking of blizzards, I know you Albertans are having a tough winter -- stay warm!  Will try & add some pics tomorrow.

1 comment: