Wednesday 15 February 2012

Wednesday - Feb 15th

Early morning start & Gerry came to golf with the group from the rv park. He comes so often that they think he is from here. It got pretty chilly last night, as the windows were almost frosty. The weather is forecast to max out in the 60's for the next 4 or 5 days. Had to wear long pants golfing this AM & the dew on the fairways was so heavy the worm burners had a rooster tail. We were the first group out again which worked out well as Gerry had to get back to Phoenix & drive his daughter to the airport. The golf game was good, we played with a couple of guys we had previously paired up with. My score was much better today, no snowmen on the card & a max of 7. Tale about success, this was my 4th round with the same ball, life is good. Marg spent the morning helping Doris clean their park model as the remodel is pretty much done. They scrubbed & steamed anything that they could get their hands or equipment on. The place was looking pretty good. When I got back from lunch I installed the new LP gas detector and things are fine now. Had a bit of a problem with the hole size, so Howard made me a piece to modify it. With that motorhome buring up, everyone is really nervous as soon as you mention anything related to propane. Replacing the detector will let us sleep better. Barely made it to pool this afternoon, but played well when I got there. Pretty funny as I played Gerry & he is a much better shot than me, but seems to get psyched out when we play. Pretty funny, but he even started playing some hooks or snookers on me. It's one of those things that you have to be prepared to take as much as you hand out, LOL. Went to pick up Marg at Blanke's and a cocktail hour broke out. Well it started with Kenny asking if I had time for a beer - is the pope catholic? Anyway, Norm & Mavis were at Binger's next door and Marg & Doris came back to find us all in the carport with wobbly pops. Got some good info at cocktails though. Gerry said Fry's have Crown Royal on sale - 2 bottles for the price of 1. Note for tomorrow, must go to Fry's & keep eyes on flyers. Sort of gives new meaning to keep your eyes on your frys. LOL, sometimes I crack myself up. Last year when this happened, Safeway put it on for $9 per bottle to compete, stay tuned. Who wins in a sale on whiskey, same people as in a gas war. ;>)) After supper I played poker. A good night, I think I might have been the big winner tonight. Just one of those nights when you get the cards, I guess. It was mainly the regulars, plus Jack who just got in. He was a regular last year & a pretty good player. It was free pie today at the Village Inn, but we have been to busy to go on any of the 6 Wednesday's we have been here. Oh well, I really don't need it anyway.

1 comment:

  1. Hard to keep up with you retired folk... Makes me tired just reading it... Suddenly a day in the office seems an easy one lol xx

    ReplyDelete