Thursday 23 February 2012

Thursday, Feb 23rd

Surprise, Marg got up and joined me at coffee & donuts this AM. People were amazed, this is almost becoming a regular event and if it continues will no longer be noteworthy. LOL As luck would have it our table was not last, close to it, but not last. They introduce new people in the park and there was a couple from some place way up north; I think it is called Edmonton. Hah! Word has gotten around about the big poker/golf win from yesterday. There was some talk of me buying donuts for everyone in the hall - not. You would think I won the lottery - aw what the heck - eat your hearts out. Word of the scorpion in the mens washroom from yesterday is getting around. Apparently the guy was getting in the shower & it was in there. Not something I would like to see - the guy getting in the shower, that is. That is the second one and we had never seen one before. The park maintenance guy Gary checked out my installation of the surge protector and gave it a pass. He does all the electrical here and said it was very well done. I traded a couple of pocket books with him. It was funny, as another couple came along and asked him what he read. His reply was - same as Dave. If there hasn't been a shooting, stabbing or stagecoach robbery in the first 12 pages, I get rid of it. LOL An early lunch and then I played pool in the inter-park tourney. I drew Luther as a partner & we won one of our three games. I'm not saying the competition were good, but in the first game I never got a shot. Luther made all of our balls, leaving the 8 ball over a pocket. One of the guys from Raindance made all of theirs and sunk the 8 ball before I got a turn. Way out of my league. After we were sitting around when Jerry Binger came for his mail. He stopped in and had a cocktail, then his wife Pat stopped in. Kenny & Doris next door showed up [drink in hand] to see what the noise was, then Norm & Mavis did the same. The park owner stopped in and had a beer. Seems we had some kind of an impromptu happy hour before we knew what was happening. I told the park owner that I came down here to give up alcohol and have been led astray very badly. Not sure if he believed it! Some how I seem to find people with similar attributes where ever I go, perhaps I should.... naw. After everyone left Marg dug out the steak we were going to have for supper & gave it away - geez I have start buying cheaper cuts of meat at this rate. Went to the Village Inn for supper with Kenny & Doris. Had a great rueben followed by rhubarb/strawberry pie with ice cream. They have the best pie & are a really popular place with the snowbirds. Bill & Patti get here just after noon tomorrow, can't wait. Everyone is excited to meet them and I think a bunch are coming for cocktails before ice cream social on Sunday. Stay tuned!

2 comments:

  1. Have a great time with Bill & Patty, we look forward to catching up on all the fun over the blog xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on looking after that golf ball. Bring it with you to England and see how it likes the drive over the lake on the 5th at Moseley. It's not far but a real ball magnet, I'm down to just one of those balls that you gave me at Christmas.

    ReplyDelete