Friday 3 February 2012

Friday Feb 3rd

After a bike ride, went out to pick up some stuff this AM. First to Walmart, we went to the one on Signal Butte in Mesa, the city tax structure makes things cost less in Mesa than here in AJ & it's not much further. After that we stopped in at Kohls where I got 2 pair of shorts, a jacket & shirt. For those who know how little I wear shorts at home, you probably have a difficult time believing I wear them out down here. Some great deals were had today. Back to the rv for a quick lunch and then I played pool for a couple of hours. Today they were going in. It's funny but some days nothing seems to be working. My reputation here is that I am better at a hook than making a shot however surpirsed them by making some shots today. After pool I traded westerns with Gary, he had a great selection, so we were both happy. Marg went out to the bank and then Bells, one of her favourite places. After out last visit to Wells Fargo they were kind enough to send us more paperwork. That reminds me, the good news is that the Cdn dollar is again above the US dollar. That usually gets me a lot of comments from the guys down here. After that we had to go and do prep work for tomorrows breakfast. It looks like I will be flipping flapjacks and Marg scrambling eggs tomorrow at the veritable crack of dawn. Patrick, our team leader [from Saskatchewan] is attempting to change the name of our team to: Juva & the Canadians. Juva is our honorary Canadian on the team. We will probably serve breakfast to 100 plus people from in the park. A quick bite to eat and out to bingo with the Canuels. We met up with Ron & Sue at Happy Days where a large jackpot was the main attraction. Good bunch of friends to spend an evening with. Lots of laughs, no cash. Well better get to bed early, now where is that alarm clock?

2 comments:

  1. Doesn't work wearing the shorts back home with your long John's! We chatted with you when you were in walmart... So I felt part of that blog lol hope you cash in at bingo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi No $$$$$$$ just alot of laughs

    ReplyDelete