Saturday 21 January 2012

C&W day

Got up and had breakfast at the park function this AM. It was great, bacon, eggs, pancakes or biscuits & gravy [if you choose]. I told them no biscuits & gravy for us northerners, it clogs our pipes. It really is an acquired taste & I have not acquired it yet. Marg, as usual stayed behind and had her yogurt. After I went for a bike ride. It was cool & overcast out so shortened my ride a bit. Went by a park-wide patio sale at another park on Delaware. Told Marg about it when I got back, so she went right over. The only thing she bought was westerns for me & an old bottle. While any bottle I buy might not be that old, it'll be full of whiskey. I went back with her and bought some more books, ended up with 14 dusters in all. After lunch we went to a legends C&W performance. The performers were from Branson & were very good. It was all old stuff, but good entertainment. The MC was hilarious, as well as a great musician. There were a dozen of us in 3 vehicles from the park that went. Marg & I rode with Ron & Mary. The show started at 2PM, but our tour guide insisted we be there by 1. By then there was already a line up and every seat in the sold-out venue was filled by 1:30. You can tell you are in a snowbird mecca when... After the show we all went to the #1 Eastern Buffet. A great chinese buffet where we have eaten at numerous times in prior years. The main problem today was that Jerry Binger & I were going at the same time and he was putting things on my plate to try. In case you are worried, all 12 of us got the seniors discount - LOL! When we got back to the park, we had to walk it off. Note to self, buy buffet pants if we are to do this again or stay away from Jerry. ;>))

1 comment:

  1. You should have packed those buffet pants you showed us in your fashion show lol xx

    ReplyDelete