Wednesday 4 January 2012

AJ, did we really leave here?

It's almost like we never left here. Still re-newing old aquaintences, hard to get stuff done. LOL. Got the motorhome washed today, the guy pressure washed the roof & even put liquid wax on & something to shine up the tires - $80. Everyone on our row got their's done as well it was such a good deal. It was so nice last night that the furnace never cut in. I think it got up to 75F today, first day in shorts for me.
Met up with some of the folks from the Canadian breakfast team, they cooked on Sunday & advised us we don't have to work for 5 weeks now. I guess we never lost that job after all.
I played pool after lunch and my game is rusty. I think I played 5 games and won one. Oh well, I can only get better - right? They want me to play in the inter-park tournament tomorrow, chalk one up for the other side, I guess.
Marg went for groceries & stocked up the fridge, apparently the deals were great. A lady in line with her was complaining about the line ups caused by the snowbirds. Marg got the impression she thought Marg was a local. Perhaps, she does look kind of Spanish at times - LOL.
Hooked up the satellite dish today, my first time doing it without help. I was able to get the dish set up & a pretty good signal strength, but could not get it to actually provide TV. I spent almost an hour on the phone with Shaw waiting for a technician before hanging up. Remember our phone is pay by the minute. After that; Marg figured it out and got the receiver re-started using the touch phone. She likes everyone to think I do these things, but she is the technical star in this marriage.
BBQ for dinner, nice to be able to eat home cooking again.
Played poker tonight. Almost the same group as last year. Had lots of laughs, one of the guys said it was not as quiet tonight with me there. I hope that was a good thing. They did come round to check and make certain I was playing so it probably was. Geez, I guess you could categorize me as an extrovert alright.
Oh BTW, Katy made a change to our Blog so you can post to it using facebook.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like your having a great time I go back to school today... So wish we were with you instead! Miss you, Katy xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like it's all go at your end... Glad they saved a place for you at all your usual activities... Equally as nice to know your parents are as popular as your kids lol. Enjoy the sun.. I am off for my 3rd day of work this week... Off for the next 3 do I can't wait.. Housework tomorrow.. Nice to read the blog and see why we strive for retirement. lol

    ReplyDelete