Friday 25 March 2011

TGIF

Tough week, NOT, that's too much like a work type comment for Az - LOL! It was nice and sunny although not as hot as it could be. Went to the Mesa market to exchange pocket books. I had one she didn't want to buy from me this week, too many by that author on the shelf. That happens from time to time and I just bring them back and put them in the library here in the park. Got back in time for pool, but it was small group, there were only 4 today, but that was enough. Funny thing Char called from England while I was playing, so I had to put the phone down to take my turns. I had to rush my shots as we pay the phone by the minute, so missed a couple of easy shots - had to blame it on something, LOL. Barely got done in time to put the swiss steak on the bbq, just on the top shelf so it would sort of stew. The reason for the rush was we had to be at the neighbours for cocktails at 4. They are leaving on Sunday, so wanted to drink up some of their wine. They are good folks [from Kansas] and we will miss them when we all return home. They had finger food as well, which included the small cocktail sausages. I was eating mine plain which caused Doris to question why I wasn't putting any sauce on my little weiner. Took a while for the laughter to die down. Some of these oldies have good hearing when it counts. If the picture looks odd, they have a kind of add-a-room they attach to their awning. Took Kenny & Doris to the Village Inn for pie, it's a popular item among the grey panthers here. Marg had coconut cream, strawberry & rhubarb for me. I told Kenny I would drive so we don't get in a car wreck. Oh; you don't know the history behind that. The other day he backed up in Walmart & touched a womans bumper. After getting out to see the damage, the agreed to let it go - her bumper was already a mess. As he told it, they both parked & he missed park & put his in reverse, so it backed up and hit her again. She jumped out of her car screaming get the police, he's drunk, he's drunk. He's hit me twice already and is going to kill someone. With his southern drawl Kenny had us all rolling on the ground while he was telling the story. With all the people leaving in the next few days, we are going to have to hold our own clean up party soon so we can get to a manageable level for crossing the border.

No comments:

Post a Comment