Tuesday 29 March 2011

March 28

What a hot day, I think it was 89F/31C today. We got on the road early and drove in to Arizona Mills. Now there is an outlet mall, people go there just to mall-walk because it's a mile around the inside. Some pretty high end as well as bargain stuff. There was a Saxs & a Nieman Marcus as well as Eddie Bauer, etc. Too many to mention. It's quite a hike from here, almost all the way to the office in Phoenix I go to for meetings. On the way back we stopped in at Costco and bought some whiskey - Crown Royal and had lunch. Get this, a foot long beef hot dog and a soda for $1.50. The place was full of geezers having lunch, LOL. These stores are all the same, but this one had the largest food area I have ever seen. I bet there were tables and seating for over 100. Had to stop for windshield wipers for the car as they are badly past their useful life and got one for $2 at Walmart. By the time we got back to the park it was too hot to do much, so I played pool and Marg went for a pedicure/manicure & a stop at the post office. Not sure what it cost but her toes are red & nails are pinky. Played well, but still got beat a bit. Will miss these guys when I go home as they are a lot of laughs. After pool I started packing some things up as our time here is short. We bbq'd for dinner and then Carol stopped by to go to bingo with Marg. Being bored, I went to bingo too, but I sat with Ron while Marg sat with her hen party. She & Carol won, but had to split it. Me on the other hand also won, but got to keep it all - $25 big ones. It was my first time at bingo & got lots of verbal abuse after, but a couple did say being as we are leaving this week I probably needed the money for gas. LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment