Wednesday 23 March 2011

March 23rd

Day started off a little cool, but warmed up quickly. Marg calls Wednesday DDay - Dave's day because of my commitments. Had a meeting last week, so was glad to get back on track with the fun stuff. Almost wore long pants to golf this AM, but by 9AM we had the jackets off and were glad we had shorts on. Really funny, there us northerners were in shorts & short sleeves. The mexicans on the mowers were in hoodies with the hoods pulled up, gloves on. They must really be thin-blooded. Gerry came and we played with Pat from Sask. I played well, for the me, but had the inevitable crash on a couple of holes, like a 4 put on a par 3 & a ball in the water, ending with a 46. That is great for me, so happy day. Oh well, that is why I never played for a living - Hah! Make a note, use old ball on water hole next time. Marg went to coffee & amazing cinnamon rolls at Aggies, with a bunch of friends. She & Curtis are the park managers. Now I am left wondering, just how good were those rolls - couldn't she have brought one home. After lunch played pool with a good group. That will be the last time I play Bob until next year as they are leaving for home in Ohio tomorrow. Marg got us volunteered for the hamburger fry tonight that the park put on, at the coffee - you know, the one with the supposedly great rolls. The group doing it were short, so the volunteer queen stepped right in and brought her court jester [me] with her. LOL. My job, you're going to laugh - to sit at a table and take in the $3 per person for the hamburgers/chili/etc. That's right I've gravitated to a high finance role here in AJ. Pretty funny, Gary asked if I was capable of handling US money. I told him that wasn't real money & I went and got some Canadian money to show them. This will crack you up, but about half of them had never seen Cdn money & I don't think any had seen a loonie or toonie. Anyway good burgers , so that was our supper. After, Doris had made a banana cream pie. She is an awesome pie builder and we were complaining that we had not had a single bite of one of her pies this year. I guess that's how to get pie & coffee. Sitting there enjoying life in general and Ron came looking for me, somehow I was late for poker. Anyway we were 6 for poker tonight and I came away $3.05 wealthier. Getting a little concerned, all that change I have been winning is liable to weigh so much it will cut down our fuel efficiency. There isn't much room for it to get less. LOL. 7 days left here, but who's counting :-(

1 comment: