Tuesday 22 March 2011

March 22nd

These days remind me of the old adage - Time flies when you are having fun! That is exactly what is happening here. Whenever you meet someone, the topic of conversation gets around to - So when are you leaving?
Kind of a miserable day yesterday. It rained off & on all day and the temperature never got about about 55F. Most people just stayed indoors and that was pretty much our day. We did go out to Costco, then stopped at a sporting goods store and had lunch at Appleby's. I guess the rain is needed, but we don't have to like it ;>) Got back in time to play some pool with a couple of real characters & we had lots of laughs. Much better day today, although not hot it was a pleasant day. I think we must have been in the mid-70's, just nice. The rain caused a real mess and the motorhome was covered with a combination of the red sand & water. It was all spotted, so I washed the roof, then the awnings and sides. By the time I was done, I was soaked to the skin, LOL. We were looking for a few things today, so we went to Chandler [28 miles from here] to find a Nordstroms dept store, where Marg heard they carried the brand we sought. It was a first for me and now I know why, they're a little pricey. I never saw a shirt under $100, in fact I saw a t-shirt for $135, other shirts for as much as $200 & $600 shoes. Not everyone is living on a pension - LOL! There was also an outlet type mall there and Marg said it was her best shopping day this winter, i.e: she has a new favourite store. It included a second Nordstoms - an outlet. Had lunch at a micro brewery called BJ's and both the food and beer were excellent. So busy I never played pool today.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you are having fun still... you may have to set up a pool league at home, when you go back. I am sure you will find a few takers. x

    ReplyDelete