Friday 12 February 2010

Friday

Pretty slow day yesterday. Went for coffee & donuts in the AM and met some new people from BC. Also met a couple from Pincher Creek who are renting a park model from a couple in Peace River for the month of Feb. I played pool in the inter-park tournament. Team Carefree got its butt kicked. We won 6 of 18 games. My team won 2 of 3 we played and the one we lost was because of a scratch when my partner sunk the 8 ball. I played with Andy & he is an amazing player, almost never loses. I occupied the other spot on the team. Oh well; thats life in the highly competative AJ inter-park 8 ball leaque. Marg did the laundry thing. After dinner her pal Sue came over and they coffee'd and swapped tales.
What a gorgeous day. I think it was about 70F or better. Its been cool for the last couple of days, but I was in shorts today. Today we went for groceries and other good stuff at Walmart. Got a good deal on a 30 pack of MGD [beer]. Checked our powerball ticket, but we didn't win the $25 million. Large winnings from anything are taxable here, so we dodged that bullet! Hah. After we got back I played pool and Marg swam in the pool. No that's not a typo, LOL. Marg went out to Frys [groc store] to buy lobster tails, they have a special on.

No comments:

Post a Comment