Monday 11 January 2010

Mondays can be fun

Monday, Monday - the old Beatles song, doesn't really ring true here in AJ. Mondays can actually be fun. We had a great day, the weather was sunny and warm and we slept in a bit. Went out where we both got haircuts. I went to this little barber shop across from Frys on Apache Trail. It's the same place I went last winter and is run by a couple from Maine, who came out here to beat the winter & ride their harleys all year round. He cuts my hair, but get this. She stopped cutting hair to get me directions into the downtown area where I have a meeting on Wednesday. Marg went to a new place and was happy with the result - sound the trumpets, this seldom happens. They also have spa features & she is considering the offerings. Stopped for lunch at JIB [Jack in the Box], where the offering down here definitely has that southwestern element. Get this I had a fajita in a pita, it's almost poetic & pretty good. Marg had nachos & the chips had some kind of beans inside them, almost like flat bread. Back to the Carefree where I played pool with the regular bunch and a few extras. New cue worked great, except when Mike [he's from New Hampshire] snookered me; that happened quite a bit. Some of these old guys really know their way around the table. BBQ'd burgers and Marg made a great salad with all the fresh veggies, lettuce & gaucamole; down here & the shark [lager] made its appearance. Went for a walk around the park, where we chatted up Bob our neighbour from last winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment