Friday 29 January 2010

Friday

Rained last night, but the day was bright and sunny. People in the park have said there has been more rain in the last 10 days than they have seen in the last 10 years. Oh lucky us. Anyway the temp was about 68-70, but it felt much warmer than that today. Went back to the optical with my new glasses. They all know us there now, I think it was 5th or 6th visit. Anyway the manager looked after us and she determined that they actually made my glasses using an incorrect measurement between the eyes. They are re-ordering the lenses. Its a big mall and Marg was able to get the clasp on her tennis bracelet fixed at a jewellers. We had to wait for it, so stayed and had lunch at Ruby Tuesday again. The salad bar there is outstanding. Oh yeh; we had some time to shop in Dillards where Marg was able to pick out a few bargains. The sales staff were really helpful, they found me a chair to sit in while she buzzed around the store. Got back in time to play some pool. As luck would have it they were all paired up when I go there, as I was about an hour late. They are really a good bunch. Luther offered to play and then Elmer came along, so we played 3 way, whoever breaks plays the other 2. They are two of the best players in the park, so it was like the A levels. I did manage to beat them once when I was on my own so was pretty lucky. Hamburger night, so we went and had burgers and chili. It was pretty well attended and we sat with a Canadian contingent, all from BC and our neighbours [Kenny & Dora] from Kansas. There was no dessert, so stopped at DQ for a sundae after. Marg had a meeting of her WII bowling league at 7:00 and that has been our day. Will be getting up early tomorrow as we plan on going to Tombstone to see the OK Corral & Boot Hill. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds as though you are getting to be real locals..... would have never had that problem with new specs had I fitted you for them... first thing I always did was measure the PD... (Pupil Distance)necessary to take measurements when you have Varifocal lenses... sounds like you are enjoying the good life anyway. x

    ReplyDelete